Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baby News

This week my baby is about 10 1/2 inches long. That is almost a foot people! He weighs about 1 pound. In the height to weight ratio I would say that seems a little off but I know they grow long before the bulk up. *fingers crossed, praying for a chubby baby* I LOVE chubby babies!

I have felt baby move on and off for the past 5 or 6 weeks. In the past 3 weeks I have felt consistent movement. It is more like flipping and tumbling. But in the last few says I have felt full on kicks! It has been so much fun! I can't really feel the kicks with my hand yet, only once, and of course anytime I try to let Britt feel baby boy stops kicking instantly. Already so stubborn. Like his father I am sure. ;) hehe...

I hit 21 weeks this past Saturday. Britt and I were commenting on how 21 seems like so much more than 20. It is past the halfway mark and 6 weeks away form the third trimester. (or 7 depending on how you calculate but I am going with 6.)

It continually amazes me how in love I am with this little man and I can hardly imagine the love I will feel when he is actually here.

Some more crazy things/milestones include:

* I love, and when I say love I mean I would truly marry, 7-11 Icees. *heaven*
* Call me crazy but I think that I am going to use cloth diapers. Fuzzibunz looks like it may be the brand. It will be a $200-$300 investment but they are a one size diaper I can use on multiple kids. The savings will be in the thousands!! And the more I read about them the less time consuming and gross it is. Cloth has come a long way!
* I look pregnant. It is so much fun! I need to post a pic!
* I registered. Everyone goes crazy over little girl clothes but let me just say there is some stinkin' cute little boy things out there!
* Note: While registering I had a bonding moment with another mom. Pregnant women get emotional over silly things like clothes. It was cute.

So, is it June 16th yet? :)

1 comment:

Anissa Nishira said...

SO very excited about your footlong baby!!! :) Love you!