Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Journey of Motherhood

One of my greatest struggles of motherhood is not what I expected it would be.

 Loneliness.

Not because my little man isn't one of the best things that has ever happened to me and not because I don't love him and being with him. Simply because I am alone. A lot. Yes, little man is here with me but how much company does a 9 1/2 month old baby really give. I often crave adult conversation. 

The easy solution might seem to just go out and do more. The problem with that is that we are first of all a one car family. Secondly I still have things I have to do (cleaning, laundry, cooking, school...) and little man still takes two naps which tends to make things like going out more challenging. At first I still thought going out was the solution and I would look for every opportunity that I could. 

Now I find that the solution is being okay with where I am in life and understanding that it is a season. Learning to love the quiet and not so quiet (crying happens people!) moments at home with just me and the little. Learning to love to be a mom. I knew I would love it but it's a big change and a learning curve for sure. 

Everyone always tells you that marriage is one of the biggest life changes you will face but I would say that motherhood even one ups that. 

It's a change. A big change. A good change. A hard change. A worthwhile change. 

I've always said I love change...

And good grief he is totally worth it! 

1 comment:

JG said...

"Now I find that the solution is being okay with where I am in life and understanding that it is a season." Honey, that is the key to life. Keep this at the front of your mind and it will take you far! Trust me ;)