Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad

  Happy Birthday to my dad. I have never been so thankful for my dad and his life like I am today. I am thankful that he is here. The "odds" would say that he should not be but by God's merciful grace He is and for that I am so thankful.

I am thankful for the man that my dad is. The man that gets on his face before the Lord, the man who I personally saw many times in the mornings in the word, the man I know prays for me daily.

I am so thankful for my dads example. The life he leads. Forsaking everything for the sake of the gospel. Leading many people to the Lord. Acting out his faith on a daily basis, even now, lying in a hospital bed, living out that faith!

I am thankful that I am like my dad. I have three brothers and out of the four fo us I am the most like my dad. When I was younger it would frustrate me because being a girl and having a strong personality was difficult but I have learned how to use it for the Lords glory and now, looking back on my life and looking forward to the road ahead, I am so grateful and blesses to be like my dad.

My dad is one of my biggest hero's and one of my biggest fans. I am his only daughter and I love it! :) My dad was the keeper of my heart for so many years. He was my protector, provider and the person I could lean on. Even though I am married I know that he will never stop being there for me when I need him. Even now, as he lays in a hospital bed fighting everyday to get better, without fail every time I see him he asks, "How are you?"

Daddy, I love you so much and I pray for you daily! I am hoping and resting in the Lord during this stage of life and I can hear the words you always say over and over in my head, "He is always faithful!" I know that is true and I am so thankful for the legacy of faith that you passed down to me and that I will pass down to my children. I love you daddy!

Christmas 2010


Africa 2007


Wedding day, 2009

No comments: