Thursday, June 17, 2010

Seems like all I do on here is catch up.

This past weekend Britt and I had another celebration of our "1 Year" together. You see, the place that we purchased our wedding cake from has this deal where on your 1 year anniversary you can come back with a picture of your cake and they will make an exact replica of your cake topper for $10. That a way you still get to have the tradition of the "Eat your cake topper on your 1 year" and have good cake too! Basically, 'You get to have your cake and eat it too.' ;) Pun intended!

Here is what our actual cake looked like! :)




Here is the cake topper!


Not too bad! It was a lot of fun to eat and talk about the past year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other than eating cake our weekend and life in general has been filled with a lot! A few weekends ago my little brother Justin came to stay with us and it was a great time! the week following that I had work and Western Hills was having their VBS which they call "Character Week". I helped out with that some too and it was fun because it was like the 'old times'.

This week has been full! Britt found out that next Wednesday is his last day at Hobby Lobby *happy dance* and he will finally start his new part-time job. He is going to be working for a guy in our church who has a roofing company. The hours will work out great with everything going on at the BSU. This summer, until school starts, he will be able to work full-time which is great too! Although, he is going to be out of town for 2 weeks coming up because they have a work project in Tulsa. So, if anyone wants to hang out PLEASE let me know! :) And then after he gets home just a little while later he will be going to CA for some BSU training. Like I said, if you want to hang out.... :) I am available!

For those of you who did not know I am working as a nanny for a family in Norman. They have three little girls. Two identical twins who are 18 months and a newborn that is about 8 weeks. They keep me on my toes for sure but the job is a really blessing and will work out great with my hours at the BSU too! The Lord has really provided some great jobs for Britt and I both and we are so excited to began doing the work that we know God is calling us to. Our next big step is raising our support. It is not going to be an easy task but the Lord has already proved so faithful in this I am excited to see all that He will do!

Well, Happy Thursday to you all! I hope your weekend is going well and cheers to an "almost here weekend!" :)

1 comment:

JG said...

Happy Anniversary! And that's great news about the jobs. I hadn't heard.