Monday, December 13, 2010

He is there

It feels as though during this season of life I am faced with more questions than I am answers. More confusion than understanding. More tears than laughter. 

This is when I have to remind myself that God is in control.

People wonder how believers can follow a God who allows bad things to happen to them. They say, “If God is loving and merciful why would He allow this to happen to you?” I honestly don’t know the answer to that question. I am not to the point where I can look back and see why God allowed or is allowing certain things to happen. But one thing that I know with out a doubt is that I would WAY rather walk through this time with God instead of without Him.

This doesn’t mean that I don’t sit down and just cry wondering why. This doesn’t mean that there are never times that I wish it all away or that I wonder what on earth God is doing. It doesn’t take away those feelings. But one thing that it does is help me choose how to handle those feelings.

I have to stop and give it to God. 

Although I may not understand, although it appears at the time to be more for my harm than my good, I have to give it to Him knowing He is in control. 

He loves me. What more do I need?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it has been awhile since I last updated. I know there are still promised pictures of our house to be posted. We don't have internet at our house right now and it makes things difficult. Hopefully next month we will have it and those pictures will be put up. For today, this is what you get. :)

3 comments:

JG said...

Oh Lauren. I'm praying for your sweet family. I'm sure this is a very different holiday time for you guys. But you are right, God is always there, and even when we can't see His reasons, He is always in control. If you haven't yet, I really recommend picking up "If God is Good" by Randy Alcorn. I think you'll be encouraged. We love you and are praying for you.

Lauren said...

Thanks for sharing, Lauren. God will help. That's what I keep telling myself in my own season of struggle. :)

Anonymous said...

I understand. Some seasons are a lot harder to understand and walk through than others. I do know one thing - He didn't bring us here to leave us here. That's what I have to keep reminding myself. Love ya, girl!