Today I realized something. I have wonderful friends. I mean, I have known this but recently I have not felt it. I only have a small handful of friends now. I mean, I have lots of friends but not FRIENDS! Not the girls you call up on the phone when things are hard, that you hang out with on the weekend, that you tell them things you would not tell the lady across the hall in your office. Two friends specifically come to mind that I REALLY been there for me these past few months. I am so grateful for them and their friendship. One of the two I have the privilege of working with now! God is so good to allow that! I needed it! In fact…I stole the rest of this post from her. ;)
1. What skill do you most want to learn this year?How to be married 101! Haha!
2. What is one skill you already have that you’d like to improve this year?
Piano. I need to play more.
3. Name three books you most definitely want to read this year.
Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer – Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer – Re-read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
4. In what specific area do you most want to encourage others?
That what God is calling us to is what we should purse with our whole heart. Even if that means going against the crowd that might try to tell you that you are wrong. Basically are #1 purpose is to purse Christ with all that we have and go WHEREVER he leads!
5. Think of one of your major life goals. What will you do this year to take you one step closer to reaching that goal?
Save money! Haha! How come all goals cost something?
6. What is one of your strengths? Think of some specific ways you can exercise it this year.
Relationships – Disciple others, Bible Study, Church, Friends. I think that I can be a positive influence on people and it is easy for me to be a friend.
7. What is one of your weaknesses? What are some ways you can overcome this deficiency?Thinking that I am always right. – I plan to listen when people are speaking and hear their point of view and REALLY take it into consideration. I am not always right and that is one thing I am right about. haha
9. Think of an important relationship. How will you nurture that relationship this year?
A listening ear, unconditional love, service, PRAYER.
10. Name a few ways your physical health could be improved.
- East less white flower.
- Exercise more. Fit it in no matter what!
- I have been drinking more water an less of…well…everything else! Haha… I need to keep doing that.
11. Name a few ways your financial health could be improved.
Saving! That is all that I should be doing right now. I am going to give myself a “fun” budget for each month but I need to stick to it and just SAVE, SAVE, SAVE the rest!
12. In what way do you most want to draw closer to God?
Being faithful in prayer. I mean that in the sense that it is a number one priority for me. I want to turn to Him in all times: Happy, sad, stressful, exciting. Confusing, even small.
13. Have you ever written a personal mission statement? If so, what would yours be for this year?
I've wrote things that could be considered a mission atatement but I think that as I change in life so does my mission statement. Here is what it “might” look like for this year: I am called to serve the Lord, no matter the cost. I pray that my life is a reflection of that love no matter the cost of that love. I want my life to be a reflection of Christ. May I truly Love God with all my heart and love others as myself. I know that I am called to be on the mission field. As I feel like I am waiting to “Go!” may I never forget that He has placed me in a unique mission field for now. Though it may not be on the other side of the world it is still a mission field. While I’m waiting – I will serve Him!
14. Name one specific thing you are doing this year to broaden your worldview.
Researching countries and their conditions. As I am praying about where God may direct Britt and I, I want a knowledge of the possibilities.
15. What is something that is continually undone in your life? What will you do to fully complete it this year?
My room. Not continually I guess but more than not. It has been so hard during this engagement process, it seems like it has become storage and I want my room to be an escape. I am going to find a place for all that stuff!
16. In what ways will you work to better the world around you?
Be a light at work. God has been showing me, in the few days here, how many do not know Him. What an opportunity!
17. What is one thing you’d like to accomplish by your birthday this year?
Have $$$$ a certain amount in my savings account. Oh! And have my wedding planned considering it is the day after my birthday. Haha!
18. What is one place you would like to visit this year?
Somewhere that is warm and sunny and there is water. I have learned this year, I am a summer girl!
19. What is your greatest hope for this year?
To draw closer to Christ. Despite all the new – Job, engagement, marriage, house, LIFE – I do not want to loose focus and take God off the “First Place” spot in my life.
20. Think of three words you’d like to describe your 2009.
Exciting – New – Scary