Thursday, March 8, 2012

The List(s)

Things that I can't wait for. Sometime they keep me going. You know, the next "big thing"? I have this check list of small 'events' and large ones coming up between now and when little man arrives.

the small things...

*Getting my iphone - I have the worlds most janky phone. It is over four years old and does absolutely nothing cool. I barley takes pictures. I have never been the cool phone girl and I probably still won't be since I will most likely get the 0.96$ iphone but it will be cool to me. And I will be able to take pictures whenever and share them with you!


*Getting my hair cut - I am embarrassed to say that it has been almost a year. That my friends is beyond horrible. Our budget has not allowed it and so I have set dreaming about the day. It is almost here! Hopefully next month!


*Cutting Chloe (the dog's hair).  - Done and done. It was on the list to take her to the groomer but I got sick and tired of it and I did it myself three nights ago. Yes, she has several bald spots no it won't kill her or me. AND, bonus, it was FREE!


*Girls weekend - I have 3 dear friends who I love getting together with. Love being an understatement. Every few months we plan a time to get together. We don't plan it enough and when we are together the time flies by. I can't wait until this Saturday. It's been too long this time. Our group will be "splitting" in June for awhile so I want to take in every moment while I can. I love these ladies. They are the sisters I never had.

the big things...

* Spring Break Conference - We take a group of students to Colorado Springs (300 students) every spring break for a discipleship training conference. It is an intense week with a lot of information but it is also so refreshing too. I see God work in the hearts of students and each year I have been I have seen people come to know Him. I am aware of at least 3 lost students going this year and I can't wait to see what God does!


* Easter - I love Holidays and I love Easter. I can't wait to see my nieces hunt eggs and eat a great lunch with my families. Even more I can't wait to celebrate Christ Resurrection. Not that I have to wait but I love the time set aside to truly do that and the work that always takes place in my heart.


* Britt's Birthday - I love celebrating life and what a better life to celebrate!


* Spring Banquet. Our last end of the year celebration with the students. A time to honor the seniors in our ministry.


* Ending my job - This is bitter sweet. I am excited about this new chapter in life and I am scared at the same time. In our two years of support raising we have always had my income to back up on. We are giving that up now and taking a pay cut. I am trusting, trusting God, or at least working on it. It has been a stretch for me but I am excited to see what He does!


* My Little brothers wedding. - That's weird to say out loud and type. He's getting married. That makes three of us down and one to go. Although, I hope my 16 year old brother has no intention of marrying anytime soon! haha


* My Birthday - It is close to when little man gets here but I plan to still celebrate! I LOVE birthdays! 


* Our Anniversary - Three years. Crazy!!!


* Drum roll please...... - He will be coming! 


Counting it down truly does help me. Finding the little and big things in-between. I can't wait to meet this little guy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can appreciate the uphill battle 2017 rolex replica startups face getting their name out into the market, even when they make a great product. I actually prefer to increase my replica watches rather than my depth, so with the new Stranger on my wrist, I took off to climb a few quick day hike mountains. The lugs angle down and do a good job of hugging the wrist. Weight is lighter than one would expect for a watch of this size, but rolex replica uk still feels indestructible and solid. The dual crowns have super grippy machined ridges and screw into the case very snug. I am still trying to figure out what the seemingly faux screwed in replica watches is on the right side of the case between the crowns. It seems to balance the replica watches sale and add visual appeal, even if the practical side of me hates replica watches decoration.