Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Baby News

I am 12 1/2 weeks right now. Almost into my third trimester and already about 3 months along. I may seem like it has gone by fast but.... it hasn't.

Not at all. 

Apparently I am heading out of the sick and tired stage and that is good because I am sick and tired of it. Ready to feel a little better.

Beside the sick thing I am thrilled beyond anything to be pregnant. I think the problem right now is that most of the time it does not feel real. I am sick and tired a lot but other than that nothing much has changed. I am JUST now starting to feel my clothes get a tad snug but I imagine I will still be in them into January. I am okay with that though.

I think that one of the few things that makes the process seem 'real' are the weekly updates I get form Baby Center. I look forward to every Tuesday morning when I can read the latest update. Here is a bit of last weeks:



Picture of your developing baby“The most dramatic development this week: Reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over two inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.


Your baby at 12 weeks
Synapses are forming in your baby's brain.





I also love the way that they compare the baby to different food items. It really cracks me up! I was talking about this with a friend the other day and the things they choose to compare sometimes are hilarious and even worse when I 'cheat' and look ahead it really does not make sense. I will not go into everything but if you want to have a look at what I mean check  THIS out! And tell me, does it make since to you how it can go from a spaghetti squash to a mango???

 "Ah! My baby is shrinking!!!" hahahaha

We go in for our next appointment this coming Monday and I am ready! Ready to hear that sweet heart beat again and know everything is going well.

Is it June 23rd yet???? :D

1 comment:

Anissa Nishira said...

I am so very exited for you!! Hope you're feeling super loved these days!