Friday, December 9, 2011

Life and Death

“Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.” Philippians 4:11

Contentment. No matter where I am being content.

“ Indeed I count everything as lost because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.” Philippians 3:8

Death.  I need nothing a part form Christ. It He was all I had, would it be enough? I want to answer that question with a confident, “Yes!”.

“That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and may share in His suffering, becoming like Him in His death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.” Philippians 3 10-11

Life. To share in Christ death would mean that I suffer for Him. To give everything for Him. But death in Christ is not the end because along with it comes the most abundant life there is, resurrection!

Last night I heard a speaker talk on some of these points. It hit me hard and this morning I have been allowing it to sink in.
Am I content?
Is Christ enough?
Am I truly willing to die?
Have a tasted true resurrection?

No comments: