Monday, May 3, 2010

Anchored. Needy. Motivated.

Two post in one day, I know… A miracle for me right now…


I was reading a blog this morning and it really began to stir a lot of things within me. Sometimes I feel so stuck. It seems like most of the time I see or hear about two types of people: 1. The worldly 2. The conservative.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with conservative values… I guess it just depends on what extent you call something conservative. Legalism may me a better word.

I want to have conservative values but I don’t want to be caught in a way of thinking that could keep me from following things the Lord is calling and leading me to.

Here are a few things from Alyssa's Blog that really stuck out to me…

“In my head I know what the truth is. I've got to be anchored. Set firm. Held to. Being held by... God. - to the very greatest and most secure foundation ever: Jesus Christ. That is the only way to not live out of reaction and fall into a ditch living lifestyle.”

“This whole thing keeps me broken within. It keeps me coming back and tearing down the walls I've built up around myself so quickly. It keeps me SO needy. At the same time, it really gets me excited. It motivates me and drives me every morning I wake up to seek God more. It keeps me on my toes spiritually. It causes me to evaluate my motives, my heart. It makes me question things instead of just following blindly behind the blind.”

I want to be in a place of knowing where I am anchored, staying needy (knowing I cannot do it alone) and at the same time being motivated to do something!

Go Here to read the whole post. It is challenging and encouraging. I really admire her.



Once again, Happy Monday! :)

1 comment:

Jaimie Krycho said...

Great! Thanks for sharing this!!!