Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Surrender

I had an epiphany!!!! I say that jokingly but that the same time in all seriousness…

God has been teaching me to Trust Him and surrender my worries (a.k.a. finances, house, car, etc…) to Him. The thing is that I have said I want to surrender them to Him but when I was honest with myself I never really did. I was afraid that surrendering it to Him would mean that it would not turn out the way I wanted it to. I think that worry can be in a sense a security blanket.

The thing is that even when it is something as small as worry that we are unwilling to surrender we, as a whole, are not surrender. Surrender is death to myself and giving my will to Christ. When Jesus died on the cross He completely died. All of Him. He gave it all. In the same sense my surrender needs to be complete if I am going to be surrendered.

A good friend just did a blog post that speaks volumes to this truth and giving up our worries. It ministered to my spirit in such a real way. I encourage you to check it out.
Lifeencapsulated.blogspot.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a lighter note, things are going well. Work is crazy this week as I prepare to go out of town but it only makes me look forward to the break even more!

Last week was CRAZY. Work was difficult for me and Britt had 6 paper due at school. This week work is still crazy but school has slowed down for Britt which I am grateful for. It can in a way be hard on me when school is hard for him. I am sure it is the same when work is crazy for me so in that sense I feel sorry for him. We are BOTH ready for Glorieta.

Tonight a few of us are going to work on addressing Wedding Invitations. It should be fun. My mom, future mom-in-law, both grandmothers, neighbor (a.k.a. adopted grandmother), aunt, sister-in-law, and maid of honor are all coming to help. It should be a lot of fun!

Hope you are all having a good week thus far!

No comments: