Saturday, January 9, 2010

Must Reads!

I just finished reading the first two books to "The Mark of the Lion" series by Francine Rivers. Let me just say, if you have never read these books you should! One word. Fabulous! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. It was thrilling, captivating and VERY well written. The book takes place about 40 years proceeding Jesus Crucifixion. It is full of true historical facts but fictional characters. But let me just say that these characters will draw you in to where you do not want to set the book down.
A voice in the wind is the first of the 3 books. I have personally not read the third and have not fully decided to. It does continue the series however the first two you HAVE to read together. In fact, if you choose to by the first you might as well get the second while you are there because you will want it RIGHT away. Can anybody say, "Cliff Hanger"?
The second book, as I said, goes right along with the first and will NOT leave you disappointed. I don't really want to tell you about them or write a detailed review because I don't want to give away ANYTHING.
So, here is my review.
You.
Should.
Read.
Them.
Only $14.99 at your local Mardel! ;)
On top of being able to read the books (enough in it self!). I have been able to participate in a book club with other girls who are reading. We meet once a month and discuss the book we read. Tomorrow we will meet to discuss the second book, An Echo in the Darkness, and we will decide on what to read next. I am so excited! Reading a book with a group of people it so much fun. I am a bookworm though so I get a real kick out of it!
I can only hope the next book is as good as these. They are a new favorite no doubt!

2 comments:

JG said...

That is my favorite book series of all time. And yes, you should DEFINITELY read the third book. It's very different from the first two, communicates a different message, and has more of an emphasis on missions. The first book is my favorite, but I prefer the third to the second.

Thanks for the nice comment, btw :)

John and Becky Henderson said...

I love Francine Rivers. Great author! I haven't read these books yet, so I may have to read them soon.
If you are looking for other good historical fiction, I love anything Brock and Bodie Thoene write. Very good and acccurate authors.
Thanks for the review!