Sunday, April 11, 2010

Update on Dad and Brother:

It is so funny how quickly things change. Yesterday morning Britt and I went to breakfast with my dad and now I am sitting in a hospital with my dad in ICU as well as my youngest brother Justin. They were in a serious car accident yesterday afternoon at about 2:45pm and we have been here since.


The initial report about my dad was not good at all. Since then things have been a lot better. He had emergency surgery and they were able to stop all internal bleeding which is a huge praise the Lord! He also had bleeding and swelling on his brain but and initially it did not look good but every time they look at it the swelling and bleeding is less and less. He is doing better. The report this morning is that if he was not on such heavy medication they think that he would be awake. He has started to respond in some ways which is such a comfort. My dad is one of the strongest people I know and he is such a fighter. I know that he will fight so hard.


Justin is doing much better as well. He is pretty beat up with a broken ankle, hurt arm (still not sure if it is broken), he had some problems with fingers and bone being exposed but they were able to file it down and had to trim the bone on one finger. Initially we thought they might have to amputate it but they did not so that is another huge praise the Lord.

Please pray for my mom during this time. She has health problems of her own and we are praying that her pain levels stay down during this time of caring for my dad and brother. It is hard for all of us to find time to sleep but we know it is important so please pray that we will know when to sleep and to br wise with our own health so that we can have the strength to support my dad and brother.


Our family has been so loved through all of this and we are so thankful for everyone’s prayers and support. My brother Brandon is trying to regularly update his blog anytime we hear new reports so you can look at that for more information: brandonandrachael.blogspot.com

Thank you again for your prayers!

1 comment:

JG said...

Thanks for the update Lauren. We're praying!