Monday, September 21, 2009

"Real" Life

I feel like I should give an update on "life". Then I feel like saying, "How on earth can I update you on real life on a blog?" :p I will still give it a try.

Britt is still working at Hobby Lobby. We are so grateful for the job and the Lords provision. Some days are more difficult than others simply for that fact that it is not what he wants to be doing. He graduates this December after finishing his LAST CLASS! *woot* It is easy to be excited and feel overwhelmed all in one breath. We are so grateful he will be done and overwhelmed with the job search process. It seriously feels like there is nothing out there. I know that the Lord has something and that He will provide but it is hard to completely trust at times. You know, the times that you hear things like, "It takes the average college graduate 8 months to find a job after graduating due to the economy." Sheesh! 8 months! That is when I have to tell myself over and over that God is faithful and He is our provider.

"10For every beast of the forest is Mine, The cattle on a thousand hills. 11"I know every bird of the mountains, And everything that moves in the field is Mine." Psalm 50:10-11

Next thing...

For those of you who do not know I am substitute teaching. I am really enjoying it. I am signed up to sub for Moore, Norman and CHA (Christian School). So far I have really only subbed for CHA. I have been getting a lot of work here and it is nice. If you did not know CHA is the school that my dad went to growing up. It is also the school that Britt went to growing up and where Britt's dad still teaches. One of the teachers at CHA is gone for the entire week and I am covering her class for the week. The Lord is really providing for us through that. The main reason that I am working as a substitute is because I would REALLY love to get back on at the capitol this session. I loved working there and I would love to go back. If you could pray with me that the Lord wold provide a job there I would really appreciate it!

So - I know most of that was about our jobs but it seems like that is a lot of life right now. Married life is great and we are really loving it. it is so encouraging and a blessing to go home to someone every day that loves you unconditionally.

We are also really getting involved in our community group and church and we love it. Our group mostly consist of young married couples. It is such an encouragement to be around people walking through the same sstage in life as we are. God has really blessed us with the church that we go to.

That is basically life right now. Not a lot but still a lot...? If that even makes sense. It is good though and God is faithful. I don't think that I can say that enough because I am seeing more and more everyday how true it is!

22The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.

23They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I have hope in Him."

Lamentations 3:22-24

3 comments:

JG said...

It's funny how much of married life revolves around just getting the bills paid. Throw in a house and all the maintenance that comes with that....yeah, it's good stuff. :) Glad to hear that things are going well. Props to you for subbing - you're a better woman than I!

HR said...

Hey, girl! Thanks again for being such a great friend!

I can't post comments on your other blog, but I want to! I'm not sure if it's just me or what...

Jaimie Krycho said...

Praise God for being faithful, and for giving us the church body as encouragement!!! Thanks for the update...you and Britt are such an encouraging couple and it is beautiful to see you focus on Christ as a team.

We'll pray for you!