Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Worrying about Worry???

That is what I am doing. Ugh! Seriously, I am so sick of worry that I am starting to "Worry" that I am "Worrying" too much! How awful is that!

The worst part is that I will think of verses like:

"Be anxious for nothing..."
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart..."
"Cast your cares on Him..."

I know all of that and I know it to be true but sometimes I still let worry control me. I told the girls in my community group last night that sometimes it feels like sense I don't have a full-time job right now I am making a full-time job out of worrying. *sigh*

I know that God is in control and that He is faithful. I know that His word is truth and it will not return void. I know I need to continue saying those verse over and over again and let them really resonate and sink in. If you think about it though I would appreciate a prayer. I don't want to be this way. I don't want worry to control me. I want to completely trust the Lord and His plans and know that it is best.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I don't know if you have noticed, but worrying really runs in the Clay family. I used to really struggle with this as well. It was only after a friend consistently quoted Scripture to me and reminded me that I didn't need to worry, that I could finally let it go. In other words, I GOT IT IN MY HEAD!!! Not to say that I don't ever worry now, but it is so much better. So, I would just continue to quote those Scriptures, pray that the Lord will take away the worry, and eventually it will change.