Monday, November 17, 2008

194

194 days until Britt and my wedding. Sometimes that seems like such a looong time. But when I remember that when we got engaged we were 303 days away from our wedding it seems to help. We are now more than 1/3 of the way there!

This past week was a good one. I had a “Girls Night” at my house on Friday with some of the girls from the bible study (YOUGROW) that Britt and I help with. We all watched Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. It was a lot of fun to have “Girl Time”. Britt hung out with my brothers which was good. I am glad that they can all spend time together and enjoy it! :)

Saturday Britt and I went to our friend Clayton’s house for a Thanksgiving Lunch with some friends from OU. I talked about this in a previous post. This is where I brought my Pumpkin Cheesecake to. Let me just say that it turned out to be very yummy and I plan to make it again in the future. We had a really good time seeing people from OU. Although…I did fall asleep on the couch when they were all playing Speed Scrabble. :p I was tired…that is all I know to say.

Sunday we went to church and then to go and eat at Jonny Carinos with the Clays. It was good to see them and spend time together. Then we went to my parent’s house. Britt took a nap and I just piddled around doing different things. It was nice to just take it easy though. After that my three brothers and Britt and I went to go see Madagascar 2 downtown at Harkins and then we went and ate at Sonic.

That was the events of the weekend. This coming week is not quite as eventful as the last few (or more than few) have been but it should be nice. Next week is Thanksgiving and things will pick up for sure then! Britt and I have 6 Thanksgiving celebrations this year. We have already done 2 so we have 4 to go. I have been trying to lose some weight and so this does NOT make it easy. It is a good test of my self control.

I think that Britt and I together are learning a lot. Being engaged can be hard but I also know that being married is very hard as well. It is the things in life that are so difficult that are by far the most worthwhile though. It is hard to learn to communicate and express things on the level that we should. Neither one of us have ever done this before (Which I am grateful for) so there is a lot of learning/trial and error going around. It is good though and there is no doubt in my mind that Christ is the center of our relationship which to me has blessing written all over it! I am excited to see all that God is going to do in and through our marriage! Just hanging on and waiting till that glorious day…May 30th!

Happy Monday to you all! I hope that you have a wonderful week!

PS - You're welcome to all you people who have new blog looks! ;) You know you love me!

No comments: