Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gun Rights


If you cannot read the shirt it says:

"GUN CORNTROL: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangeled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."


There are two bills that I am aware of in the Oklahoma House of Representatives this year that have to go with gun control.


1.) Authored by State Representative Joe Dorman, District 65, HB3124 would create an optional lifetime concealed handgun license.

2.) Authored by State Representative Leslie Osborn (The Rep. I work for! *Woot woot*), District 47, HB3157, protects our second amendment rights allowing Oklahoman's to own a registered firearm despite any peace treaties made or federal laws passed. (Basically, it is a precautionary bill).

I think that both of these bills are great. I am a STRONG supporter of protecting our second amendment rights in the right to have firearms. I do not have a concealed license, because I don't have enough money right now as a newly wed to get one :p, but I hope to have mine soon!

If you live in district 65 or 47 you should definitely call your Representative and tell them how much you appreciate this legislation. If you don't live in one of those districts you should call anyway because I know from experience that they do not receive very much positive feedback.

You should also contact whoever your legislator might be (House Representative and Senator) and tell them to vote yes on HB3124 and HB3157.

I know this may not be the most important thing out there right now but I still think that it is very important and something that should not go unnoticed.

No comments: