Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thinking about him...

Sometimes I joke how this is “Britt and Lauren’s Blog” but really just me, Lauren. The thing is that Britt is apart of this blog because he is apart of me. And today I am thinking about Britt. We are not a really “mushy” couple in the way that some are, just because that is not us. When we are with other people we make a point to be with them and not in our own little world. Not that it is the only way to do things, or the right way but because it is what we feel we should do. But today…today I feel mushy. Today I want to take a moment, give a shout out, tell the world just how wonderful I think the man I am so blessed to call my husband is. Today is not a “special day” (i.e. anniversary, birthday, holiday…). It is just a regular old day, but no matter the day I find more and more that my love for him grows and it is wonderful!



I am thinking about him today and how we have been married for almost 9 ½ months. Thinking about the fact that 1 year is so close; right around the corner. He is so different from me; sometimes it is frustrating but mostly wonderful! Thinking about how tall he is and how I always knew that I would marry a tall man. Thinking about the lines around his eyes when he smiles - I love those lines. Thinking about evenings together, just the two of us, when we sit and talk, laugh, cry and just be. The way that I still feel to this day when he holds my hand or puts his arm around me; the way I know I will feel even 20, 30, 40 years from now… I don’t tell him enough how wonderful he is and I don’t express enough how much I love him; because I could never express it enough. He is just that wonderful.

1 comment:

HR said...

This was great, Lauren. Very beautifully put.